Grain Free, Gaps Friendly Granola

January 17, 2013



I brought two types of Granola to our pantry party this past week. I will post both recipes.

GRAIN FREE GRANOLA
2 cups of raw sunflower seeds
2 cups of raw walnuts
2 cups of raw almonds (sliced, whole or a mix of the two)
1 cup of sesame seeds
1 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup of raw shredded coconut
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
½ teaspoon ground ginger
Generous dash of sea salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil

Mix everything but the maple syrup and oils. Gently heat the maple syrup and oils on stove top to melt the coconut oil. Pour syrup/oil mixture over the mixed dry ingredients. Spread out on cookie sheet lined with parchment and put in a 150 degree oven for 6-12 hours. Stirring every hour or so.

* You could use crystalized ginger or fresh ginger. Also you don't have to cook on such a low heat. You can do it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Stirring every 10 minutes or so.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful blog, thank you D. I really appreciate you putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lyann. I'm not completely done. I want to customize a few things. For now I think it will work.

      Delete
  2. This granola was INSANEly good. I'm shocked the recipe doesn't call for butter! It tasted really buttery and delicious - am glad I can use coconut oil. Thanks for bringing a grain-free option :)

    ReplyDelete